Monday, December 10, 2007

Well, hello........

I know I've been a slacker lately. It's been a looooooong few weeks. I've been tired...oh, so tired. I've been overwhelmed by normal life. I've been trying to get Christmas stuff done (yeah, we haven't even pulled the decoration boxes out of storage yet...not so sure it's gonna happen this year...). Did I mention that I've been tired?

Here's why I'm lamenting the tiredness so much. It just hit like 2 to 2-1/2 weeks ago. I should have hit it at the beginning and it should be IMPROVING by now...not starting. That's why I'm perplexed. So now, I find myself extremely worn out with little to no energy. At any given moment, my house is typically in sub-disaster mode (that means that it could almost be declared a national disaster, but I do just enough to keep from that). I just don't have the umph to keep up! However, there is a plus side to it. On days when I have my daycare kids, something kicks into overdrive and I do alright the whole day. It really is amazing the way a mother can perform when she absolutely has to. I'm not so sure that daddies have that in them without years of practice! :) God has certainly been good to me in giving me that extra strength on the days that really count!

So, I'm really tired I say...so why the heck am I up blogging at 10:30 p.m.?!? Well, I napped on the way home from Ta-Town today (that's Wichita...my hometown) and now find myself unable to slow down the body/mind/etc. to make myself go up and lay down. A nice, warm bath sure sounds good, though...

Cassie continues to amaze me further. We watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse every morning. There is a character named Tootles. He provides their mouse-ka-tools (not sure how they would spell that). When they need his help, they say, "OH TOOTLES!" and he comes. Well, Cassie loves that...that's her favorite part. So, I usually say, "OH....." and she'll say, "OH TOOTLES!" The other day, I said, "OH...." and she said, "God, are my God...la, la, la, praise you..." She was singing Step By Step! She knows that she knows "seek...in...morning..." and "Step bah step..." I just couldn't believe my ears! It's from her Praise Baby videos and I just think that it is absolutely priceless that she is learning those songs at such a tender age! Now, if only I could get her to cooperate and sing the kid songs like Jesus Love Me, which she typically only wants me to sing! She does sing parts of Jesus Loves the Little Children, though.

We have a drop-in house guest tonight, tomorrow, and possibly longer. It's a lady from my church back home that got stranded here due to the weather. She's the sweetest thing, so she should be a very pleasant houseguest. Let's just hope she doesn't go nuts Wednesday when I have all of my daycare kiddos here!

Well, that's about all I have to say for tonight. If I don't get a drink soon, I think that I may ralph, so I need to go get some water. Everyone take care, stay warm (for goodness' sake!), and I'll catch 'ya on the flip side!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I completely agree with you! Mothers somehow have a way of pulling it out of them ONLY when it is desperately needed! I never dreamed I could run on little to no sleep, and continue to keep running to take care of someone else!! It's the hardest thing I think we'll ever have to do, and it's a lot of work!

How you are keeping up with everything that you do, I have no idea, because you're doing a lot! Daycare is hard, it really is. I know from experience, my mom did it half my life! You're doing an amazing job, and I hope you get to rest on your days off!

And by the way, Cassie singing...that's just too precious!!! You need that on video!