Monday, December 20, 2010

The To Do List

It is getting longer by the second.  I have a lot to do this week and the awake hours don't seem expansive enough to encompass the list, which seems to grow exponentially.

I have to retract my statement about Keaton.  His stinkiness has greatly improved.  We prayed for his little tummy at 2 different Bible studies last week.  Then, on Wednesday night, I had a chiro at our church adjust his little back.  I am not sure if it was the prayers AND the insight to have him adjusted or just the prayers.  Either way, he is way better, which is way better for us all.

The big kids are stinkin' excited to see Grannie and Grandpa and all of their aunts, uncles, and cousins!  They've been counting down since 12 days.  They are also excited to see their other grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousins in a couple of weeks.  So much family time!  WOO HOO!  They are looking forward to Christmas, as well, but I think that they are more excited to see everyone than they are about the presents!

I, once again, did not get out a Christmas card.  It just doesn't happen.  I think that I got some out 1 year of the 8 we've been married.  You all know what has gone on throughout our year, though, so all you REALLY need is pictures.  You shall have some after the first of the year.

Oh.  I need to get a few things written down about Keaton.  On Friday (the 17th) he laughed for the first time at me tickling him.  It was a great laugh, too!  He's made some other random laughing sounds, but this was a response to tickling.  Also, he is really not too far from sitting on his own.  Crazy, I know.  He's not even 3 months yet.  He has always had really good head control and it looks like his entire back is going to be strong and have good balance.  He plays so well with his toys on his floor gym.  He will grab onto something and shake it while watching it very closely.  Then, he'll let go of it and reach for one of the other toys.  He prefers the octopus, which I purposely put to the side and not really in his reach.  He will stretch to grab it.  It is so cute!

Well, that's all.  I need to get going and get busy.  First item on the agenda today is to clean out the van and get the *ahem* presents all wrapped, camoflauged, and ready to go.  Pretty sure we didn't need to get them anything at all with the grandparents, but we did in the name of the jolly elf.

I hope that you all have blessed holidays with lots of love with family and friends.  Let us remember that the secular part of the holiday is lots of fun, but the holiday was created to celebrate the birth of our savior...our only hope of salvation.  He left His throne to put on one of these lowly bodies, be limited, and eventually tortured and killed for YOU!  Merry CHRISTmas to you all!

No comments: