Friday, March 4, 2011

Topsy Turvy Upside Down!

Wow.  Life has been blowing by at top speed and I'm never sure as to what day it is.  We're in our new house.  It's not yet a home, but it is looking more that way each day. 

Mark is on a new schedule at work, working midnights.  He just started last night.  He then texted me at 8:00 and said that they had forced him overtime of 4 hours.  Lovely.  He worked from 11:30 pm to 11:30 am.  He was less than thrilled.

Keaton is now sitting up for minutes at a time.  He prefers being upright, specifically standing, but he'll take sitting if that's all he can get.  He even prefers going to sleep sitting up.  Crazy kid.  He won't roll over...AT ALL.  He could care less about rolling, but he wants to be upright!

My friend, Holly, has started a foundation, The KAJ Foundation, along with her husband and another family.  It is to provide much-needed equipment for the NICU at the hospital where their babies stayed when more extremely prematurely.  They go without a lot due to budgets and such.  I wanted to do a shout-out in case anyone is interested in supporting this great foundation.  If anyone is interested, I can get you in touch with them.  100% of the money that comes in will go to help premies and babies with difficulty at birth have a fighting chance!  Holly is my friend that I asked for prayers 2 1/2 years ago when her daughter was born at 27 weeks, 5 days.  What an incredible 2 1/2 years they have had as they have watched their sweet girl blossom into a healthy, active, strong-willed little firecracker!  The "A" of KAJ is for her.  The K and J are for twins.  Sadly, the little girl was not on this earth very long before going to be with Jesus.  The little boy, however, is about 3 1/2 and is thriving.  Anyway, just a little background.  They are obviously passionate about this cause and are hoping to raise $50,000 @ a benefit concert in April.  I just thought that I would spread the word to my readers.  If you feel moved to help the littlest babies have a fighting chance at life, let me know and I'll hook you up with Holly.

I guess that's about it.  Life is crazy, but good.  We thank God for being Jehovah Jireh...the God that always provides.  I hope that you all feel His presence and His blessings every day!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Keaton and Clark have something in common. Clark starts of going to sleep sitting up every night. :) Miss you guys. Hope Mark doesn't have to work that schedule for a long period of time.

Holly said...

Thank you so much, Devon, for the shout out for us & the KAJ Foundation. You are a great friend and I can't tell you how much I appreciate your love & support over this! Thank you, thank you!!