Monday, June 6, 2011

My First Skype

I don't really know how to begin to write about my first skype experience.  To say that it was touching is an understatement.  To say that it was a blessing and an encouragement falls short.

On May 18th, my home church held a prayer service on my behalf.  They've done this for many different occasions and people, but this one was for me...a very humbling thing. 

It was made even more special when I was asked to skype in to the prayer session.  After joking about my dreadful appearance (17 lbs lost, hair a mess, no make-up), I conceded that it would be worth it for the prayers.  BOY, was I right!  How amazing was it to not only hear what was being said, but to see the faces of those I love. I held on to the images of my brother, Derin, and my baby sister, Dani (Dustin lives out of state, so he wasn't there).  I just couldn't get enough of them!  My sis-in-law, nephews, and niece were precious sights to see, as well.  Also, my second family, the Dosseys (and Herrmans).  My sweet friends, which I will not name because I don't want to leave anyone out.  You know who you are and even if you weren't there in person, I know that you were all there in spirit.  I was just so blessed by the entire experience!

I just want to thank my sweet "sister," Carla, and my sweet friend, Kelly, for organizing the event.  You both know the power of prayer in different ways in your lives and I have been blessed to hold you both up in prayers.  I know you don't want thanks, but you have no idea what that 30 minutes did for me!  Well, maybe you DO understand.  ;)

Prayer works, my friends!  I am living proof.  I have faced death, or the possibility of it, head on (twice, actually).  If it weren't for the prayers that were flooding the gates of heaven, I believe that I would be there now.  While I have high aspirations of that being my eternal home, I was not ready to leave my husband, my babies, my family, and my friends behind.  I begged, I pleaded, and God heard my cries...OUR cries.  Thank you, from the bottom of my heart!

No comments: