Friday, February 11, 2011

Keater's Stats

Well, folks, it is official.  I've got a giant baby.  :)  He checked out A-OK @ his well baby visit yesterday.  We will start his shots @ his 6-month visit.  I wanted to hold off a bit, so we're starting them late and we'll go @ a slow pace.  I just am not sure how I feel about shots and so we'll be very conservative about the rate @ which he gets them.

Anyway, without further ado: His weight clocked in @ 18 lbs, 10.5 oz.  Height: 26.5 inches.  Head: 48 cm.  ALL THREE are over the 97th percentile.  This is the new way of saying biggest kids there are.  They told me that Conrey was over the 100th percentile every time.  That makes no sense.  They now say <97th.  Dumb.  Anyway, if Conrey was over the 100th %tile when he was 4 months and 18 lbs even, then Keaton must be over the 120th %tile, being 10.5 oz more!!!

Needless to say, he's a big, tall boy with a giant head, though I do not believe that it is disproportionate to the rest of his body.

One thing that I wanted to be sure that I wrote down about this sweet boy is the sweet connection that occurs whenever he is eating.  He will not eat without holding my hand.  He won't breastfeed without holding my hand and he won't eat cereal/baby food without holding my hand.  It is so sweet that he searches for my hand when he's nursing no matter how hungry he is, before he'll eat.  I already believe that, like his brother, his love language is going to be physical touch.  That's just fine with this mommy, since that is mine too!  :)  Conrey has to have his hand in my hair at all times and loves to have his hair played with, back rubbed, etc.  Right now, he is laying against me, has his head on my shoulder, has his hand on my leg, and is playing with my hair off and on.  I'm just sayin...

Anyway, that's it.  I don't know if anyone out there is reading my exciting blog (sarcasm), give me some comment love.  I did have one comment recently on here and one via email, so thanks...just curious if I still have readers besides the 3 that I know of.  :)  Come one, feed my ego!!!  :)

OK...it is nearing bedtime.  We have to have an early bed time tonight, as we are going on a mini vacation this weekend.  I will write all about it when we get back!  Have a great weekend everyone and be thankful for the many blessing that we have!!!

7 comments:

Holly said...

Ok so I know that my little one started out way small to begin with but holy macral!! I don't think Addison was 18 lbs until she was 18 months old :)! I love it!! And I have to say that I loce that you call him Keaters!! What a cute but "boyish" nick name! Hope you have fun this weekend!

Holly said...

*love, not loce. Crazy auto correct :-/!

Donna said...

Have a good trip. You do have some big boys but they are adorable!!

Unknown said...

You do make some big kiddos! lol. Kinsey is 2.5 and finally hit 29 lbs this week.
and Macie is 17 lbs at 9.5 months :)

And I wanted to add, Im reading :) I love that your boys need to 'touch' for their love language. So cute! Kinsey loves to have back rubs from Daddy at bedtime. But I don't have many cuddlers here.

Darin Seidel said...

Holy Cow! My 14 month old is barely 20#. Crazy. Enjoy the touchy feel time. I love hearing and catching up via your blog.

Amber said...

Hi there. Thought I would let you know that I'm still reading your blog too. I love hearing how the kids are doing and just the busy parts of your life. Robbie and I are in the Dallas area with Kaitlyn, now 2 and our newest addition Hailey, 6 weeks. Keep blogging ;)

Emily said...

keep on blogging....Love hearing your stories