Tuesday, September 23, 2008

WHAT A WEEKEND!

Oh me, oh my!

We went to Wichita this weekend for 4 things:
My Dad's surprise 60th birthday.
My brother's 34th birthday.
To look at houses.
An interview for Mark.

What a weekend it was!

We get there partway through my dad's party. He was SHOCKED by the party and SHOCKED when we showed up! There were a ton of people and I was really glad that we finally pulled one over on my dad! We did a MADLib that I wrote about him...it was just a random story. At one point it said: Rob came home to his (adjective) wife and they had a(n) (adjective) evening. What I had in my mind when writing that sentence was lovely and relaxing. It turned out like this: "Rob came home to his sweaty wife and they had a dirty evening." EWWWW!!! Too funny!

Yesterday, we went and looked at houses in the morning. Yeah, we pretty much fell in love...with a house. I don't have any inside pics of it, but if you click here, you'll see the outside. Remember the house that I was so sad was gone? I love this one WAY more. It's new...it's gorgeous...it's functional. It's...well...fabulous!

After looking at houses, we went to Red Lobster for my brother's birthday. It was yummy. That's about all I can say about that. Mark left from there to go to his interview. It went really well...really, really well. He has a job in Wichita should he choose to accept it...which I think he will. WHAT?!? That's right. We've got the job! He is supposed to call the guy today to talk about it. He is thinking he might accept it starting Oct 15. Obviously, we will not be moved by then, since we don't have a contract on our house yet, so we would be living with my parents. Not ideal, but maybe necessary. I have seen a few events leading up to mom and I being able to live in peace in the same house...namely a confrontation or 2 that we've had lately that have really revolutionized our relationship. We'll see what God has in store for us, but that's what I'm thinking is on the horizon. Oh, my!

I've been avoiding the excitement feelings about moving back home for some time now at the risk of complete and utter disappointment. They are starting to creep in. I've got that excited feeling in my belly. This could really happen!!!

So, that's my story. I'll let you know what comes of it all. Please, please, please pray that our house will sell...SOON! We really want this all to work out, but cannot do it all if our house won't sell. *sigh* I know full well that God has a plan and I really feel (for a number of reasons) that this job is a part of His plan. I just need patience and peace until it all comes to fruition. Thanks everyone!

No comments: