So, if you haven't heard the word...we got an offer! We're in the negotiating process. It's not so fun. I have a question for you all. It is something that is really, really bothering me. We just asked our realtor to take a cut on her commission in order to meet the last $1000 between the buyer and us. I actually lucked out and got to do it via email because her phone went dead. I'm such a chicken. BUT, it makes Mark and I both feel disrespectful in a way and it was a very hard thing to do...even through email. Is it okay to do? Is it right, wrong, or indifferent? Is it good business or bad business? These are the questions plaguing us right now as we await her response. We have already lowered our asking price a staggering $20,000 from HER original list price. So, we feel that we absolutely cannot budge the remainder. We even suggested that perhaps she and the other realtor could split the difference to make this sale happen. Our contract expires 12/31. It is seeming like this might be her last opportunity and to me, taking a small hit is better than losing the whole thing. What do you all think?
Any comments out there?!?