Does anyone have ANY idea how difficult it is to pack up SOME of your stuff to live with for who knows how long? How do I know what to take? How do I decide what items to take and what items to leave behind. What if I forget something. What if I make a dumb decision in the midst of the crazies?!? I just don't know what to do. I go into a room and freeze up unsure of where to start and what to do after I've started.
Do I sound like a wreck?
In the packing department, I am.
Life in general, however, is beautiful. Sure, I'm exhausted. Sure, I am outnumbered and sometimes do not have enough appendages with opposable thumbs (might have helped if God gave moms monkey feet...I'm just sayin'). Yes, I miss my other half terribly.
However, life is beautiful. I am feeling good. I am fulfilling my role as mother to 3 with, I believe, more grace than I had anticipated. I get up each morning with joy and I drop into bed with thanksgiving. I have had 3 pregnancies. Twice, I have felt AWFUL for weeks afterwards. This time, when I needed it most, God has blessed me with health both mentally and physically. From the day of his birth until now, I have felt well and I haven't had complaints other than a few minor aches and pains that are to be expected...are normal...NORMAL. I don't typically fit that bill, medically speaking. God has been so gracious to me to grant me good health when I am on my own with 3, packing, getting little sleep, and surviving...no flourishing daily.
So, the questions that I've been asked over and over again that I would like to address now are as follows:
1. Has our house sold?
2. When are we moving?
3. Did Mark get the house we were talking/praying about?
4. How is Keaton?
5. How are the other kids?
1. Our house is past the 100 days on the market mark with no signs of selling any time soon. However, God is sooo much bigger than the economy and we know that it will sell when His timing is perfect.
2. I wish that I had a solid answer to this. Let's combine this with #3. We pretty much have the house. The lady hasn't had showings and is sending him the application, which he will fill out and send her with the deposit. Mark wanted us there next weekend. Not gonna happen. We wanted to be together for our 8th anniversary (Oct 26th), but we're not going to be able to be, I guess. Now, we'll either be going Halloween weekend or the first weekend of November. As soon as I know, I'll be sure to pass the word.
4. Keaton is awesome. He is the best baby. Again, God blessed me with just what I needed in this difficult situation. He is still a very chill baby and he never cries unless he is REALLY hungry. Thank you, Lord, for a calm, contented child when
5. The big kids are great. They love their brother so, so much and have adapted well. We still have issues of them messing with him, but I just try to remind myself that they just love him to pieces! Cassie is doing great in preschool and I terribly hate to have to pull her out at the end of the month. Conrey's language skills have exploded to where other people can understand him a lot of the time. It is so great to be able to meet his needs much more effeciently now that we can understand what the heck he's saying!
Welp, that's about it. If anyone out there wants to A) help me pack, B) come play with the kids while I pack, or the best option...choice C) come do all of the packing for me while I enjoy a relaxing trip to the spa, be sure and let me know. I would love any and all help that I can get!
I'll keep you all posted with the details of our lives once I know them. Over and Out.