Thursday, October 1, 2009

One of "those" days

Ever have one of those days where you start out tired and you just get more tired as the day progresses? Today was, well, one of "those" days. Why is it that when you're tired, your kids (and the kids you babysit) have like 10 doses of extra energy?!? Why is it that the time between your last nerve and nap time grows exponentially? Why is it that, right when you're about to lose it, your sweet baby runs up to you and gives you a great big hug and kiss? Why is it that, when you're ready to just scream, you step out into the fresh, beautiful air and take a deep breath, totally cleansing your soul? Why is it that, when you're not sure you can make it another day on your own, you suddenly realize that you don't have to do it on your own?

There is always frustration, heartache, inadequacy, and misfortune, but what I'm learning day by day, is that when you give your attitude and your spirit over to the One who created both, there is joy, thanksgiving, and praise continually in my mouth. Even on one of "those" days.

Dear Lord, attune my lips to your praises. Guard my tongue from any words that do not glorify you. Help me to be edifying in my speech and actions. Thank you for my perfect children whom were created in your image, even in their imperfection. Let joy always fill my heart. Let me think on the good, pure, noble, lovely, excellent, and praiseworthy so that my days might be filled with joy...even when life gets stormy. Let my mouth speak of the fruits of the spirit when dealing with my children and help my actions to model them so that my children may learn to e patient, gentle, self-controlled, loving, peaceful, joyful, kind, good, and faithful. You are over all. You see all. You are in all. Praise be to your holy name.

2 comments:

BEK said...

Keep it up girlfriend! God is watching over you and your family!

Rebekah said...

Hey! I haven't had any downtime the past two months (seriously, I'm lucky to check my Facebook once a week,) and I just saw that you updated, lots! I love reading your updates, and it makes me wish that we could live closer so our kiddos could play together, too! Maybe I'll get to update mine soon, but it usually takes me an hour or so to think something up, and right now I need the extra sleep! Well, I'm off to check the other blogs I've been missing out on! Hopefully soon I'll be able to update mine!