Friday, March 19, 2010

An update...as usual...overdue

Sorry for the lack of update.  Pacis are a thing of history and he's done really, really well.  Naptime is still WAY too short for mommy's liking, BUT he is sleeping in until like 8:30 in the mornings, so I'll go with shorter nap for longer morning. 

Baby C is doing great!  I had an appointment yesterday where we did the whole "hear the heartbeat" thing for the first time.  It was mid 160s and the doctor agrees with my theory that it is a girl.  He's been delivering babies since awhile before I was born, so I trust his expertise.  :)  I still feel pretty awful a lot of the time.  I have been a puke factory, but I'm trying to hang in there.  I am 11 weeks and 2 days (as I'm writing this Friday night) and am hoping that this week will be the end of it all.  Maybe?  Please?  I went until 15 weeks with the other 2, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same.  Of course, NOTHING...I repeat NOTHING has been the same as it was with my other 2 (that were pretty much identical until the passing out started with Conrey), so I also won't be surprised if it is completely different.  Maybe since it's been different, this kid will be different too.  I wouldn't mind a quiet, still, calm child.  I might say that I deserve one after my 2 livewires!  Both kids LOVE the baby so much!  They both ask to see "baby," which means I lift up my shirt for them to interact with their baby.  They hug, kiss, talk to, and pat/rub on my belly.  They both are so sweet and loving to the baby on the inside and I HOPE it carries over when it's a crying, screaming, mommy-stealing little baby on the outside!

Cassie is getting SO big all of the sudden!  Everyone is commenting on it!  She has a little meat on her bones, she's getting really tall, and she just seems to have finally filled her little skin out instead of being a stick!  She is really progressing in learning her letters and loves to spot familiar letters when we're out in public.  She was never one, single bit interested in letters before now, so I'm glad that she won't be going to kindergarten not knowing any except C, A, S, I, and E.  :)  She can recognize, probably, 85% of the letters and most all of her numbers, so 6 and 9 seem to confuse her. 

Conrey, besides the paci triumph, is acting older and older these days, too.  He can communicate much more effectively.  He is more self-sufficient.  He sometimes acts silly to get a laugh.  He's DEFINITELY a ham!  I've been seeing a very caring, nurturing side to him lately, too.  He has a Barney book called, "HAPPY, MAD, SILLY, SAD."  Whenever I do the mad or sad, he turns around (on my lap, which isn't easy to do at this point), puts his little arm around my neck and squeezes me tight to comfort me.  I couldn't figure out what he was doing the first time and was kind of annoyed.  Then, when I realized, I let him do it and praised him for being kind.

I guess that's about it.  If you haven't heard about the weather here, it was 62 today and now is sleeting, about 33 degrees, and we're supposed to get like 7-8 inches of snow between tonight, tomorrow, and tomorrow night.  WHAT?!?  Then, 60 again by Tues or Wed.  Gotta love Kansas!  Do we wear shorts one day and sweats the next?  I guess!  So, if you're somewhere warm dry, be thinking about all of us cold, wet people and send a few sunbeams our way!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hey Devon, we have They Might Be Giants, Here Come the ABC's DVD and CD that the kids watch in the car a lot. The other day, Callie was wearing a shirt with a 6 on it and she told someone that it had a 9 standing on it's head. :-) That's from the disk. It's a fun one with good songs. You should check it out. Maybe it would help.

Take care.

Laura

Rebekah said...

Loved reading the update! You're about three to four weeks ahead of me, I can't wait to be out of the sick stage either! Chloe loves to look at the pictures on your blog (btw, new pictures, please?) and wants to talk about Cassie and Conrey every time she sees them. Just now she said "I wov Conrey!!" Just thought you should know :)

Hope you're feeling better soon, let me know when you do!