Thursday, June 17, 2010

TILT (Cake Mix Cookies)










It's the simple things in life...really.  Like waking up at 8 a.m. and realizing that your early riser is still sleeping (not that I know anything about that this morning--Conrey woke me up at 6:20).  Like Happy Hour at Sonic.  Like one of the things I love...Cake Mix Cookies.  Simple, delicious, addictive.  I mentioned them this week on Facebook and I wanted to mention them here with the recipe.  They are SO quick and easy to make and they make you feel like you've done some baking with minimal effort!  What could be better?

The best part?  You can make them with any flavor of cake mix.  You can add to them.  You can be as creative as you want or you can make them quick and easy.  Either way, they're delish! 

Get yourself a cake mix.  Any flavor.  Let your eyes do the walking and your stomach do the talking at the store.  Got it?  Good.  Now, pay for it before you leave.  I don't endorse shoplifting. 

When you get home, preheat the oven to 350.  Dump the cake mix in a bowl, add 2 eggs and 1/3 c. oil.  Mix it up good.  If you're going to add chocolate chips, PB chips, coconut, nuts, sprinkles, etc...now's the time to do it!  Roll the dough into little balls and place on your cookie sheet.  If you're doing chocolate, lemon, strawberry, or I suppose any other, they are pretty to roll in powdered sugar.  I use parchment because I'm lazy.  You do as you wish.  Place them 3 to a row and 3-4 rows depending on your cookie sheet.  They're gonna spread a bit, so don't overcrowd.

Bake these babies for 8-12 min depending on your oven.  My old oven took 8.  The current takes closer to 12.  You want them to not be liquidy.  They will set up a bit after you take them out.  Let them cool a bit before diving in.  Trust me on this one.  Impatience will only burn your tastebuds off.

You can frost these if you want.  Frosting always makes things tastier.  :)

I will say that there are many different recipes for cake mix cookies out there.  Some have cool whip or butter in the dough.  Some have 1 egg or different amounts of oil.  This is the recipe that I use.

If you want to hear about what others out there in bloggy land are lovin today, head on over to visit Jill at The Diaper Diaries.  Also, she has a great giveaway going on and you all KNOW that I would love me some free baby stuff!  Thanks for stoppin' by!

4 comments:

Olivia said...

Yum! I love cake mix cookies! My faves are yellow cake mix with oatmeal. It makes me want some right now!

Eos Mom said...

I made cookies from a cake mix once and they were delicious--I love that you have a simple recipe that works for any cake mix! I will definitely try these, possibly tonight. ;-) THanks!

Donna said...

Those sound yummy. I will have to try these out when I get home.

Patricia said...

I made some lemon ones with this recipe....they were a huge hit with the entire Middleton clan! Thanks!