Wednesday, June 2, 2010

22 Weeks

Well, we've hit 22 weeks, people.  So far, so good.  I went back through my blog and realized that it was much later (like 34 or 35 weeks) than I thought when I started passing out last time.  I thought that I was approaching that time, so it was good to know that I've got awhile before I need to be cautious of that.  Let's see, what's new?  Not a whole lot.  I am tired, tired, tired right now, but feeling really good overall (with the exception of the allergy/sinus issues, but those aren't preg-related).  Keaton is a moving machine at about 9-10 p.m. and wiggles around until I get comfy in bed for the night.  He doesn't keep me up at night, but I'm not sure if I just sleep through it or if he continues to be awake.  I'm hoping that he's not a night owl when he makes his appearance!  He is supposedly just under a foot in length and just under a pound in weight.  I'm not sure what that means, exactly.  One website said that he is the length of an Oreo package, but the weight of a large bag of tortilla chips.  Hmmm...Are those DOUBLE STUFFED Oreos?!? 

We had a great weekend at Family Camp this past weekend.  That is where my church goes to camp every Memorial Day weekend at Rock Springs 4-H Camp.  I, and several others that I've heard from or talked to, thought that this was one of the best years ever class/lesson/format-wise.  I was sad that we left early, but was sooooo ready to leave due to allergy/sinus crud.  I felt horrible all day Sunday.  We were planning to come back for Mark to work Monday and I was really bummed about it until I started feeling so horrid.  That helped me not feel resentful of having to leave, I guess.  I hear that we missed some great stuff including my son winning the award for "Best New Talent."  The kids sang for the talent show and Conrey just HAMMED IT UP!  Cassie did a great job, though I'm not sure if she looked at the audience once.  Her head was bent way down low.  I am still shocked that it wasn't a mommy solo, though.  If I can get ahold of the video, I will try to upload it.  It was pretty precious, I must say.

I am H-U-N-G-R-Y ALL the time with this boy!  I am sure that this is going to be a record-setting pregnancy for me.  Seriously...all I think about is food.  Mark and I have switched places.  He has been losing like crazy!  He has lost 12 pounds by cutting down what he eats, when he eats, and how much he eats.  I'm really proud of him.  Of course, this is the WORST time for him to be wanting to split meals with me.  Hello???  I'm PREGNANT!  I do NOT want half of a hamburger...I want TWO hamburgers!  I have a lot of lost time to make up from when I couldn't eat, so get out of the way!  In all seriousness, though, I am trying to be really careful.  I am only about 10-12 pounds away from my final weight with Cassie.  Scary thought.  I have 18 more weeks in which to gain and do NOT want to gain a bunch of weight that won't ever go away.

Well, that's all the excitement we have time for.  Join us next time for more riveting, self-indulgent posts about...well...ME!

Wait...one quick Cassie story before I go.  She asked me the other night what Strawberry Shortcake's last name was.  I said "Shortcake."  She said, "No, I mean what is her LAST name?"  I said, "Her first name is Strawberry, like your's is Cassie.  Her last name is Shortcake, like your's is V."  She was quiet for awhile while she pondered this.  I was thinking about how odd it was that we were discussing the last name of a cartoon character.  She finally said, "Mom...I mean like Dopps or something...what's her LAST name?"  I guess if she wants her to be Strawberry Shortcake Dopps, I'm okay with that...

3 comments:

Kelly T said...

You must've not gained much weight with Cass, then. I don't think you need to worry much, friend - you're looking great!

Devion said...

I just started out 10 pounds lighter! :) I gained a LOT with her, but I just started out much smaller. Oh, well...it will all go away while chasing 3 kids, right? :)

Kayla said...

I understand the starving part. I'm right there with ya! We can eat together! :)