Thursday, October 2, 2008

THINGS I LOVE THURSDAY

My bloggity friend, Jill, is the host of "THINGS I LOVE THURSDAY," and I thought I would participate. However, even as I'm beginning this, I'm not sure what I love...hmmm...

I thought about writing about the NEW THEATRE RESTAURANT because of the date that my hubby and I are going on tonight. I do love it. However, I wanted it to be something universal that I might introduce to anyone reading this...not just people in my area.

SO, I decided to write about an "oldy, but goody" that I love and have recently become reaquainted with...Puppy Chow!

You know, that melt-in-your-mouth, chocolaty, peanutbuttery, goodness? YUM! We went on a trip to Branson this past weekend and I indulged us in some crunchy yumminess for our travels. MAN have I missed that stuff! Jill...this might be a good one for your *ahem* moments. :)

So, if you've been living in a cave or did not grow up in my era and somehow missed it, here is the recipe for all things delish!

PUPPY CHOW (aka muddy buddies aka people chow)

*1 box Crispix cereal (the structure of Crispix holds better than Chex, but I've made it with both and they all taste delicious! Just make sure you use rice Chex)
*1 bag chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate)
*1-1/2 c. peanut butter
*1 stick (1/2 c) butter
*1 tsp vanilla
*Adequate powdered sugar to coat (I've seen recipes that call for anywhere from 1 c to 4 c)

Melt the butter, PB, and chocolate chips in the microwave. Put them all in a microwave safe bowl and micro for 1 min. Stir and micro for 30 sec. Repeat the 30-sec intervals until smooth. Add vanilla and stir well.

Pour ceral in a LARGE bowl. Pour chocolate mixture over, stirring as you go until it's all coated.

Pour 1/2 c or so of the pow. sugar into a gallon-sized ziplock baggie OR a clean, large, paper bag, but that's kinda gross to me. :) Pour 1/2 of the cereal/chocolate mixture into the baggie. Pour more pow sugar over that, then the rest of the cereal, then more powdered sugar. Seal the bag well and shake it like crazy until it's all coated and fabulous. If you need to, add more pow. sugar.

It can be stored in the fridge or on the counter...if it makes it long enough to need storing. I store it right in the baggie that I shook it in. It does taste pretty fabulous cold from the fridge.

THAT is what I love today...I think I'll go eat some! :)

Head on over to The Diaper Diaries to find out what other people are lovin'!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny I just bought all of these ingredients to make this for this weekend.

Shynea @ Penny Pinching Diva said...

You have brought back so many memories. My mom use to make this for me and my sisters when I was growing up. Especially when she first got finished, and it was still warm. I was actually thinking about this the other day, because I would love to make it for my sons this winter. Thank you so much for posting this recipe!

thediaperdiaries said...

Oh, these are one of my favorites. So yummy!!!