Thursday, October 9, 2008

Weird...me



I was tagged by Shalee for a meme. I am supposed to write 7 weird things about myself. Hmmm...it may be tough to come up with...me being so normal and all.

1. All I ever wanted to be in life was a mommy. Some of you may be disgusted at what I'm about to reveal. The only...ONLY reason I went to college at all was for an MRS degree and to find "Mr. Right." The joke was on me, though...he wasn't there!

2. I can type 80+ words per minute. When I'm working (as a medical transcriptionist) and actually practicing, I can type 90-100+.

3. I had shingles at the age of 12. Typically, shingles is a middle-aged person disease. Typically, it lasts for a few weeks and then resolves. I had them at age 12, which was bizarre and I had them for over 6 months, which was extremely bizarre. They are usually associated with stress. My doctor said that I was the youngest person he'd ever seen with shingles and I was the worst case of shingles he had ever seen.

4. I can spout of the jingle to almost any commercial you name. It's sad, really. If I see a commercial once, I can do a fair job with the entire thing. If I've seen a commercial more than once, be prepared for the entire commercial. I don't care if the spot was from 1989, I can do the commercial! "One day, one night! Saturday's alright! Online's just fine! Nighttime anytime! Get your degree! Set yourself free! National American University!" The same goes for theme songs. "Picture Pages! Pictures Pages! Time to get your Picture Pages! Time to get your crayons and your pencils! Open up your Picture Pages! Time to watch Bill Cosby do a Picture Page with you!" That's a little blast from the past courtesy of my childhood!

5. When I was 4 months old, I almost died and had major surgery. The doctor's handed my parents my booties and said that they couldn't save me. What I had was called intusseception. It typically affects children 2 and younger. I am always a nervous wreck with my kids until they turn 2 and the risk of intusseception decreases.

6. I was in a Bugles (you know, the crunchy, cone-shaped 'chips') commercial that was all in Japanese that aired only in Japan. It was western-themed, which is strange to me.

7. I have blogged this before, but I have a secret aspiration to be either a trained chef OR...this is the new one that nobody knows about...the owner of a cupcake bakery. Seriously, I am passionate about cupcakes!

OK...there are my 7 things. Not too weird, but that's all I got for 'ya! I tag these people:

1. Kelly
2. Meshellyn
3. B
4. Jill
5. AT
6. Bek Life
7. Bek

If you weren't tagged, but want to do this, please do the meme and let me know that you've done it! Thanks!

***I haven't linked to these blogs or let the bloggers know that I've tagged them yet, but I will! We're moving soon, people! Time is of the essence. Why did I even spend the time to do this?!? EEK!

1 comment:

Mom2fur said...

Number 5 is scary! Your poor parents! I'm glad you had other ideas when you were a baby!

And a cupcake bakery--how awesome! Maybe you will do that someday!

I did a 7-thing meme recently, too. I can add an eighth item to that list: I use too many exclamation points!