I got this "Bucket List" from my friend, Bekah Lynn. The orange ones are the ones that apply to me. Are there any that surprise you? Do you have numbers you would like to share that you have done or numbers you would like to do? I thought this was fun and made me reflect a little and look to the future a little. I hope this post prompts you to remember some of the important things in life and maybe to enjoy your many blessings a little more thoroughly today.
1. Started your own blog--duh.
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band--does Jazz Band, Pep Band, and regular band in school count? HA!
4. Visited Hawaii--when I was 8
5. Watched a meteor shower--anyone remember the wishing at Teen Camp???
6. Given more to charity than you can afford
7.Been to DisneyWorld
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
12. Visited Paris
1 3. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child--does my sister count?
16. Had food poisoning.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept in an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping-uh...more than once! :)
27. Run a marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset--Nothing more amazing than a mountaintop sunrise in Colorado!
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise--6 or 7
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community--Yoder, BABY!
36. Taught yourself a new language--Spanish and Japanese
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling-snorkeling...I panic every time.
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
WHERE ARE 64 and 65???
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades--SCARY!
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person--twice, I think.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car--stupid mistake!
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper--I was a model in a JC Penney's ad when I was 3
85. Read the entire Bible--I've read it all in pieces, but not in order or consecutively
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating- fish--ICK! I really couldn't eat it after that, but I ate a bite or 2
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous--no, but I saw John Stamos (Uncle Jesse from Full House) when we were in Hawaii
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby-2!
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit--no, but my parents currently are involved in a really ridiculous one.
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee--does multiple wasp stings count?
100. Read an entire book in one day--too many to count! The Harry Potter Books, Orson Scott Card Books, and Twilight Books to name a few