Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Shhh

A LESSON IN "THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK..."
especially in front of your kids.

The other day, as I picked up the phone to call my mom (we talk like 5 times every day), Cassie sighed and said, "Is that another one of those dumb, stupid phone calls?"

I gasped. The sad thing was, I knew EXACTLY what she was talking about. The evening before, I had been talking to Daddy about all of the "dumb, stupid telemarketing calls" that we had been receiving ever since getting a land line. The DAY...the very DAY that the phone was installed, I signed up on the do not call list. However, it takes 2-3 weeks before it is a done deal. We had been overwhelmed with telemarketer calls and debt collection calls (if anyone named Stacia ________ owes lots of money, PLEASE pay them back so that they will quit calling me!!!). It was annoy, yes. However, a simple question from my the mouth of my beautiful daughter clued me in to how stinky my attitude was in front of her regarding our "black phone."

Be careful what comes out of your mouth in all circumstances, but especially in front of those loose jaws that can only (or, at least should only) belong to your 2-year-old.

4 comments:

Holly said...

What a wonderful post my friend! I find myself saying something and then thinking...hmmm, will I want Addison to say that some day? She can't even talk yet, but it is definitely a good reminder for all of us to think about. Remember our "U" Verse??? I miss you and your family and hope that you are settling into your new house nicely!

Donna said...

Very good lesson for all of us, but I must say that is quite funny. Sorry for laughing.

Anonymous said...

I DO remember our "U" verse, Holly! HA! Do not let any UNWHOLESOME talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up! :)

Donna...don't worry. I was laughing too. You just never know what they'll absorb and squeeze back out! HA!

BEK said...

:) That is why it is great having children that have 4 legs!!! Though I am looking forward to the day (If God thinks best) to have human children that can show me how blessed I am to be forgiven! :)