Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cancel That

A favorite past time of the kids and I when driving is singing.  We sing everything from the ABCs to Holy, Holy, Holy to silly songs that we make up.  I especially turn to singing when it's approaching naptime and I don't want Conrey to fall asleep.  That was the case today.  After Twinkle, Twinkle and a song about self-control, I said, "How about 'If You're Happy and You Know It?'"  I started singing and Cassie, from the back, said, "WAIT!"  I paused.  She said, "Wait, CANCEL that song for the next 4 weeks..."  My mind went spinning and I realized that I was about to say 'clap your hands.'  She said, "I can't clap..."  I burst out laughing.  She then proceeded to try clapping, realized that she could, and started the song over so that she wouldn't be left out.  I guess we don't have to cancel it afterall...

I intended to have a picture to go with this post, but I wanted to wait until she has a real cast.  She's doing well and said tonight that her arm is no ouch and all good.  Glad to hear that from her sweet little voice.  They sometimes say day 3 is worst, so I'm praying for a comfortable day tomorrow with little to no need for drugs.

No comments: