Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I TOLD YOU!

So, I'm the snack coordinator for VBS.  I have 4th, 5th, and 6th graders first.  Then, 5-y-olds through 1st grade.  Finally, 2nd and 3rd graders.  It's been fun, but my mom told me that I'm a drill sargent with the kids.  Niiiice.  I just don't have much time to get snacks done!  :) 

Anyway, last night with my 4, 5, and 6th graders, I had quite the rowdy bunch.  They were kind of all over the place and quite loud, though they were the smallest group of the night.  One kid said, "HEY!  Are you pregnant?"

I quickly said, "No...I just have a fat belly..." 

I grinned as he looked sheepish, but a kid that had his back to me said, "I TOLD YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I laughed and laughed and laughed!  Oh, my goodness!  I was so tickled by that!  I quickly said, "No, I AM pregnant!  I do have a big baby growing in here!" 

The second kid said, "Oh, sorry....."  I assured him that it was okay and had a night full of chuckles whenever I remembered the exchange.  I needed a good laugh!

No comments: