Saturday, July 31, 2010

Today

This morning, I went to a charity event...more about that in a moment.  The afternoon and evening were pretty uneventful, though we did enjoy dinner with some good friends...very low-key.  The kids napped on different schedules, so no nap for this tired mommy.

The charity event that I went to was for Carpenter Place.  It is a children's home, of sorts.  It is for kids and teens from troubled homes.  They come and live with house parents in a family setting in a home.  It is a wonderful place and I was glad to be able to attend the event.  My dad used to be on the board there and it has helped thousands of kids (and families) in the past 40-50 years.

Mark is having a hard time adjusting to single life, dingy apartment living life, and loneliness.  Prayers for him would be appreciated.  I hope and pray that things will be better after his first day of work Monday.  I also hope and pray that he'll get himself up to go to church tomorrow.  I have a feeling that he won't since he's having a hard time.  Please say extra prayers for him.

The kids are doing well.  Cassie asked how many days until Daddy comes home.  She didn't like the answer of 7 flashes of 10 fingers, though I hope that it really won't be that long.  She got to talk to him on the phone today and I think that that helped.

Well, that's all, folks.  I hope you all have a great night and a great Sunday worshipping!

No comments: