Saturday, September 11, 2010

Potty Training

So, I just wanted to put a little something about our potty training.  It is going really well for the lack of effort on mommy's part.  Conrey is doing a great job of remembering to go and of staying dry.  Mommy, however, forgets to ask him a lot and therefore he does have accidents.  I mean, he's not even 2-1/2!  He loves wearing Pull-Ups.  The disappearing pictures are great incentives for him.  However, I plan to switch to undies this week and see how that goes.  I just don't have it in me to be on the floor scrubbing pee right now with my big belly!  He wakes up from naps dry and nighttime every 2-3 days he's dry.  The others in between he's wet, but that's probably my fault since he takes a drink to sleep.  Well, really Daddy's fault for starting that with Cassie, but..........

[EDIT] We've had a few setbacks today and a triumph. He kept saying he needed to pee pee and I was tired of sitting in the bathroom for hours on end. He won't use the potty chair, so I couldn't just bring it with us wherever we went. There is no comfortable place for an almost-37-weeks pregnant lady to sit in a bathroom. So, I told him to just go sit and try. I heard a strange splashy noise and looked up from where I was sitting in his bedroom. He was standing on his little stool peeing with all his might into and on the potty! I was so proud of him for taking the intiative...though I had a nice little mess to clean up! He has peed in undies twice today. Once, he was standing next to the potty. What in the world? He just didn't want to go on the potty. He had just woken up and was a grump. The second time was on my sheets. Yay for that. Guess who's getting clean sheets tonight?!? That's my update on potty training.

Along the same line of toilet talk, Cassie randomly dunked her head in the toilet last night.  I don't know why.  I don't know how, really...  Strange girl.  Who would ever think of doing such a random thing.  We don't have TV anymore, so I'm fairly certain that she didn't see that on anything.  We only watched Nick Jr. and PBS anyway.  So, she gave herself a swirly.  Hopefully, it will be the only one she ever gets.

I guess that's it.  I just wanted to update on the potty training and say that he's doing well. I'm off to bed.  Peace out.

No, wait.  First, I want to remember 9/11.  I know that we all will always remember what we were doing, where we were, how we felt, etc. when we heard about it.  Don't forget.  Tell your children.  Pray for those people and their families when you remember.  Take a stand as a Christian in this great nation.  Cassie has recently learned The Pledge and my heart swells with pride to hear it from her little mouth.  ONE NATION.  UNDER GOD.  JUSTICE FOR ALL!!!

No comments: