Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"Preschool" and Potty Training...take 3? Or is it 4?

If you didn't read the update on my health and are interested, go one post down.

So, I mentioned over a week ago that we were going to start doing a preschool program that my friend told me about at http://www.letteroftheweek.com/. So far, it is going really, really well! Cassie loves it, as do I. We've been doing stuff with paper, crayons/markers/etc., Play Doh, puzzles, household objects, etc. She has learned sooo much and can readily supply the information that she has learned when asked. I just wanted to share a few pictures of our experience thus far.

Also, there are a few pictures of Cassie in her big girl Elmo panties. As soon as she goes pee pee in the big girl potty, she gets to wear her Dora panties, which she has been anticipating for quite some time. I'll try to get some more pictures of our potty training adventure, supplies, etc. as it progresses. For now, enjoy these pictures!


This is our Learning Poster for week #1. The picture that I took of JUST her poster was the one where she had a HUGE smile on her face! BUMMER!
We have been learning about the letter "A" and the number "1" this week. Here is our Play Doh learning time. We also are working on her name, as you can tell. The Play Doh Elmo is NOT part of the learning, but part of the fun. :) The cow that she is playing with is to support the theme of cows/calves this week.
Here are our big girl panties. As noted in the climbing pictures, her right biscuit keeps peaking out today. I don't know why, but I don't think those panties are the best fit perhaps. :) I just think she looks TOO CUTE in those big girl panties!!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm glad she's enjoying preschool! It's so nice to have a structure to help you feel more at ease with what you're teaching. I bet it's nice to get feedback too that she's learning something! If my Little Miss would just talk...

Kelly T said...

Love the preschool stuff. I'm going to use some of the things from that website to do with Sophie during the day. Thanks for the idea! BTW, if potty training doesn't go well, I've heard the "3-day method" works wonders. I can't say as I've never potty trained. Just thought I'd pass that along.