Friday, August 29, 2008

Tough to be Faithful

I am trying...really hard...

I am trying extremely hard to trust in God's providence. I'm trying really hard to trust in HIS plan. I am trying really hard to let HIM be in control.

We have had no bites...not even any nibbles...on our house. We knew that would be the case through August, as it is the slowest month of the entire year...even slower than Dec. What makes it all hard is that the house we desperately want in Wichita (ok...I'm desperately wanting it/Mark just wants it), just lowered their price again. We just feel so defeated like it is going to be gone before we get to it. I KNOW in my head that God has the perfect house in mind for us. I KNOW in my head that if we are meant to have this house, we will. I KNOW in my head that if we don't get this one, there is one better suited for us available. BUT, I WANT this house. I have imagined where I would put things. I have mentally arranged our furniture, our storage, our closets, the playroom. *SIGH* THIS is why you don't look at houses before you're ready to buy. However, we only looked so that we would know if the houses in Wichita were ones we would be happy in. Now, I've fallen in love with this house, the neighborhood (2 pools and a playground 1/4 block from the house), the yard (a HUGE weeping willow and 4-5 other different types of trees...GORGEOUS!), and the area. It is in the school district I want (Maize--the one I graduated from). I can picture us raising our children there and all of that.

I am trying...really hard to trust. I just wish there was some way to secure the house. Unfortunately, they won't take contingencies. That is the ONLY reason it is still on the market. It is court-ordered and the judge said only solid offers. Otherwise, they've had about 10 people that have wanted it, but couldn't do it without contingencies. That should tell you how great it is if they've had that many people mention that they wanted it, but couldn't. There have had to be other people who have wanted it, but understood that there couldn't be contingencies and didn't even bother to inquire.

I am trying...really hard...

3 comments:

Kelly T said...

This is so tough. God teaches us good lessons even when we don't always want them! Hang in there - there were houses we wanted that sold, and God has shown us that even in this house I never pictured us in, He alone can make us not just content but also happy!!

Jen and Ryan said...

What area of town are you looking at? I know Maize is a pretty big district. Ryan and I live off 29th and 119th.

heather said...

Okay, I'm just jumping back into blog land. Gosh, this must be so hard for you - such a stress. I'm praying for you!!!