Tuesday, August 3, 2010

After the weekend

So, we survived our first weekend.  Sunday was tiring, to say the least, but all went well.  I even snuck in a brief, Sunday-afternoon nap.  We enjoyed swimming Sunday night with some friends and then stayed at Mom and Dad's.  It was just easier! 

Monday, I had a pretty raging headache and went to my dad's office twice.  We ate dinner with mom and dad and then came home.  I had to be home to watch the finale of The Bachelorette!  :)  I know, I'm a dork, but so are many of you!  :)  I knew from early on that she would pick Roberto, but I was pulling for Chris.  Such a good guy, it seems!  I was PRETTY jealous of Mark yesterday, as the high for Goddard peaked at 109.  Where he is at, the high was 87.  MAN!  Where is the justice!  I should totally be there and he should be here!

Today, we went to play with Sophie and Will...Cassie's best friend and Conrey's best frenemy.  They are friends, but Conrey gets pretty jealous of Will.  I think that it is from when I used to keep them.  It was good to have some adult friend conversation...especially with a fellow preggo, though she's less than 3 weeks away from meeting her little man.  The temp right now is registering at 107 and we've been hunkered down inside with the thermal curtains pulled since getting home from their house around 12:30.  I am so, so thankful for these curtains!  My electric bill is too!

Now, what you've really all been wondering about...my husband.  When I talked to him Saturday, he was quite depressed, lonely, and wondering if he should even stay there.  Sunday, he went to a great church, met some new friends (who took him out to lunch--Mexican!  It's a fellow BNSF employee and he thinks that they'll be great friends), felt very welcome, and had a much better outlook on life.  Chance, the new friend, answered many of his questions and put his mind at ease somewhat.  I'm very thankful for that!

Yesterday, he started orientation.  It will be all week long.  He is basically learning company policies, benefits, union stuff, etc., meeting people, and touring the facilities.  He has a great feeling about it so far and is quite eager to start working next week.

He is getting used to being on his own and has even cooked his own dinner every night.  I'm waiting for him to get past hotdogs, frozen pizzas, and sandwiches...waiting for the call when he says, "What do I do?!?!?" 

Anyway, all is well on both homefronts.  The kids are adjusting a bit better every day and I feel that they will both survive this difficult period. 

Keaton currently has the hiccups.  He's been getting them a lot the past few days.  They seem to last forever like someone tapping you repeatedly on the arm...it gets annoying.  However, I cherish each kick, roll, and Renesme-esque punch, as I know that it will all be over soon and I'll miss it!

Thanks for stopping by and we'll catch up later!

No comments: