Sunday, February 24, 2008

Not broken

This machine is not broken, just stalled due to some technical difficulties. I will post ASAP...I PROMISE! :) Until I am able to post again, everyone go read a good book or something! :) Might I suggest my absolute most favorite book in the entire world? Ender's Game by Orscon Scott Card is just a fabulously fabulous book and I've read it innumerable times in its entirety, but I often pull it out and read excerpts because I just enjoy it that much. I would loan you my copy, but it's not in too good of shape...and besides, it was signed by OSC...This is actually the first book in a series, though it was originally written as a single, stand-alone novel (which it does really well). However, people we hungry for more, so he gave them more. There are now 4 books of the "Ender" series and 4 in the "Shadow" series. The first book of the shadow series is actually a retelling of much of the same story of "Ender's Game," but from the perspective of another character, Bean.

If you pick it up at the library or something, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not look at it and put it back. It IS sci-fi and it IS futuristic and it WILL probably have a dumb, spacey cover, but trust me...it is anything BUT Star Trek! Give it a try and I really think you'll enjoy it.

So, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go pull my copy out and give it a read. :) Normal posting will resume as soon as I can get the post that I wrote transferred from my non-functioning laptop. Good night to all!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

LOL. I did pick it up at the library a month or so back remembering you said it was so good. The cover detered me though and I put it back on the shelf because it looked too teenage boy trekie-like. LOL again.

Rebekah said...

Hmm...I'm intrigued. I've been looking for a good book lately. I keep saying, "When do I have the time to read?" But good grief, I spend a lot of time on the internet and reading/writing blogs. Hmm...maybe I'll have to pick it up and read it with John. We have a new thing we're starting, we're having a book night twice a week where we're reading a book TOGETHER. I'm pretty excited, because I LOVE reading. John doesn't, but he likes reading with other people when we read out loud. So I'm excited.

But tell me...what is the Ender's Game about? What's the plot?

What's funny is that I'll just go to amazon.com or something else to find the plot... :)