Saturday, January 26, 2008

Baby's Room

WELL.....after much debating and such, we've decided to go with the "Uptown" baby bedding. Mark wanted something "more masculine" than the splash bedding, which I thought was pretty funny. I guess he doesn't want any chance of having a pansy of a baby! HA! There were 2 other deciding factors. Number 1, he can really grow with this bedding a lot more than the fishie one. Number 2, this one is about $100 less. :) SO, we're going to do the walls a solid color (either a lighter blue or a lighter brown/tan) and then do circles of all of the other colors in the bedding on the walls in random groupings. I'm excited! Now, we just have to get it ordered and pick out the paint!

Here's a funny Cassie story. I'm pretty sure that I didn't blog this yet. It has to do with baby's room kinda, though. Mark's dad (Grandad to Cassie) came over to help us remove the AWFUL wallpaper in the nursery. It was the last room that we hadn't touched since moving in to this house 2-1/2 years ago. Well, after getting the stupid stuff down, there was lots that needed spackling/sanding/etc. So, they did all of that while I played with Cassie and Levi (I was keeping baby Levi that day). When he left, I went to get Cassie a bath and looked in my bathroom to find spackle stuff EVERYWHERE...on the counter, on the faucet, and ALLLLLL over the mirror up to like 4 feet up (from the bottom of the mirror). I said, "Oh, my goodness, Mark! Your dad made a MESS!" He laughed and that was about that. This was like 2:30 or 3:00. That night when we went to brush Cassie's teeth (so like 5 hours later), she looked up at the mirror and said, "TSK! GRANDAD! OHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............" in a very exasperated voice while shaking her head. I thought that it was soooo funny! It was totally like a woman complaining about how messy men are with her sighed "oh..." and head shake. I guess she's learned from the best! :)

Well, that's all I got for this morning. I am on my way to Social Suppers at 2:30ish, so I'm pretty excited about that! You all have a great day and we'll catch ya on the flip side...

No comments: