Sunday, January 27, 2008

BIG GIRL!!! and Social Suppers

Well, we've done it...twice. We've pee-peed in the big girl potty. Cassie...not me. Both times, she screamed; more the first time than the second. She wasn't so impressed. What can I say, the child is afraid of her bodily functions (except for tooties, which Daddy has taught her is quite funny...grrr). However, after I got all excited, made a big deal of it, let her wipe and wash her hands, AND gave her a special treat, she liked it more and proudly told people on the phone, "PEE PEE POTTY!" One time was yesterday, one time was today. Then, she had an accident merely an hour later. I guess I need to ask her more frequently. At least it wasn't poo...yet.

She has 2 new phrases that she says a ton. If you tell her to do something she says, with a very strong southern accent, "Otaaay." However, today, all day long she's been saying, "I wiiill..." in the same accent. Hmmmm...


So, we all LOVED Social Suppers yesterday. It was soooooo much fun!!! I actually ended up spending about $80, but that got me five 1/2 meals, which will either feed us all twice or will do 1 dinner and then a lunch for me and then 1 full meal, which is 8 servings. Also, some sides. I thought that that was pretty good considering that it was pretty much the full meals. I made several chicken dishes (St. Tropaz Ckn, Chablis Ckn, Citrus Tarragon Ckn), Honey Garlic Porkchops, Spicy Shredded Beef Wraps (for Mark--that's the one that serves 8), and Pesto Baked Ziti. There was rice for one of the ckn meals and potatoes for another. The wraps came with tortillas and a sour cream sauce that I made there. There was 1 other side thing that I don't remember and then I got "The World's Best Mashed Potatoes." I'll tell you if it's true or not.

The process was fun, but a bit intimidating to me at first. You pick a station to go to and just start following the instructions on the sheet. You make most everything in baggies and then attach an instruction label. Then, when you get home, you freeze it. Pull it out the morning that you want it to thaw and prepare it in the evening--VOILA! You've got yourself a meal! Once I got started and quit feeling dumb (a bad habit of mine), I really enjoyed it and had so much fun making everything and just being with the girls! Here's a picture of our group, though I think a few had left before this. Oh, and yes...I know that I look odd AND look like a cow in this one...I'm supposed to be getting big! :)




Oh, good! It came out small where you can't really tell that I have a goofy look on my face. You CAN tell that I'm cowish, though. :)


Well, that's all I have for today. I have to get dinner made before we go to LIFE group, so I'd better get on it AND pick out what I'm going to thaw for dinner tomorrow night....... Hmmmmmm.............

5 comments:

Chelf said...

My niece will yell "WHAT?!?" when you call to her. She picked that up from the sitter's son. :-)

I don't think you look goofy, or cowish. I think you look fabulous as a mom-to-be. You have a lot of pretty friends, too.

Yum, that all sounds so good!

Anonymous said...

Lucky for us, we can click to enlarge the picture and see your goofy look :). Just kidding. You are getting quite a tummy, though. See you very soon.
love you.B

Devion said...

GRR! B--you NEVER comment on here and then you comment to tell the secret of enlargement. I was hoping no one would figure that out! :) I actually tried to figure out how to disable that! HA! Sad, huh? :) Can't wait to see you SOON!!!

Anonymous said...

So fun, huh? I had an absolute BLAST on Saturday, I'm so glad you came and enjoyed it as well. And by the way, I already figured out the whole enlargement of the picture thing w/o B's help...of course, it was MY picture to begin with :). he he he! But I agree...you don't look anywhere near cowish. Also, I am so proud of Cassie! Two times in the big girl potty is so very exciting! Hope you have a good week...again, it was great to hang out with you on Saturday! Enjoy your meals!! I know I will!

Anonymous said...

Social Suppers does sound like fun and I think it would help with the whole cooking for 1 dilemma. You'll have to update us and tell us how they taste. It sounds kind of expensive, but I easily spend that in one trip to the grocery store anyway.