Friday, May 9, 2008

Randomosity

I am tired today. Actually, I think that it would be more appropriate to say that I'm exhausted. I did a TON yesterday and then did NOT get adequate sleep last night. Now, I'm just so tired. It does not help that it is rainy and dreary here. That makes me just want to sleep and sleep. I was in bed at 10:00 last night, but had a very chatty husband who wanted to tell me about 20 stories from work. Don't get me wrong, I love to spend this 1-on-1 time with him where we can just talk...uninterrupted. I was just so tired last night. By the time I got to sleep, it was probably around 12:40 or so. Of course, as luck would have it, Cassie woke up at 6:55. UGH! What a great gift that was! The one day that I was desperate to sleep until like 8 or something sees her up and at 'em before 7.

Here's the kicker to this whole story: Mark's parents (and maybe sister) are coming here for dinner. Then, about 10 p.m. or so, my parents will get here. THEN, my brother called to see if he could stay the night here (mom and dad are staying in a hotel), but he wouldn't be getting here until midnight. If Mark has to work tomorrow, I'll let you guess who would have to stay up to let my brother in... UGH!

So, today cannot be a day of lounging and rest. Though I have felt MUCH more in control of my house and do not feel the panicky sensation that I normally do when the fam comes to visit, I still have stuff to do before their arrival...namely dusting, bathroom cleaning, and general straightening. I'm not overwhelmed by it all and will definitely be taking a nap when Cassie does, but this is just one of those days where you'd rather just lay on the couch all day long or something.

Oh, well...such is the life of an ordinary momma...

No comments: