Saturday, May 17, 2008

WHAT?!?

Where on EARTH has the time gone??? MAN! Let's start at the beginning...6 years ago tomorrow is when Mark proposed to me. Four years later, I have a darling baby girl and 2 years after that, my son is on his way.

TWO YEARS later?!? How has it been TWO YEARS since my little princess joined our lives? What did we DO before she came? We must have been the laziest butts ever!!! Let me tell you, a year in the life of a baby and/or toddler makes SUCH a huge difference. Two years ago right now, she was still nestled snuggly in my belly. At about 10 a.m., I took castor oil. Nothing happened...all day. I felt jipped. I didn't even get the "bathroom issues" that you're supposed to experience (thankfully). At 3:30-4, I started having contractions pretty regularly, but not particularly close together. At 4:45, they stopped dead in their tracks. At 5:08, my water broke. Still no contractions until 6:30 up at the hospital. At 11:13 p.m., my little miracle was born after only 11 minutes of pushing. It was one of the most momumental, amazing, special days of my entire life 3rd only to my baptism and my wedding day. Absolutely the most incredible experience.

Last year on this special day, I cried at the thought of already passing through the first year of life. Where had it gone? I went all out with a party for her and she didn't understand much of anything that was going on...just that lots of people were fussing over her.

The difference turning 2 makes? The first words out of her mouth today were, "That Happy Birthday to Tassie today!!!" Then, after Daddy left for work, she said, "Otay, I need my house!" You see, she was with me when I bought her dollhouse, which I explained she couldn't have until her birthday. Now, I had to explain that she couldn't have it until Daddy got home tonight. All day yesterday, she kept singing, "Happy Birthday to You, ME! Happy Birthday to You, ME! Happy Birthday to You, Tassie! Happy Birthday to You, ME!" I think she understands this year that this is HER special day...you think? :)

So, with my darling princess turning the big 2, I look at the transformation from helpless, tiny infant to communicative, intelligent 2-year-old and am amazed at the wonders of God's design. WOW!

Of course, I can't help but think that I'm about to start back at square 1 with baby brother. Before I know it, I'll have a 4-year-old and 2-year-old and will wonder where HIS first 2 years went.

*SIGH*

LIFE...is beautiful...

No comments: