Monday, March 10, 2008

THE Challenge Clarification

To clarify...the link I did was not a very clear link. It had too many challenges on it and I didn't do the right one. However, the challenge on The Diaper Diaries is a great challenge, as well. She does talk about THE challenge, but it's a little further down the page. SO, a better link so that you can see what WE'RE up to is this or this. The latter is the church that issued the challenge's blog about the challenge. Yes, that's right...I said a church. Weird for most of us, huh? However, if we want good, Godly marriages, things need to be addressed. If this seems so extreme to you that it's never, ever gonna happen in a hundred, billion years, then I suggest you try doubling your frequency and see where that takes you. If you're a "birthday and anniversary" kind of gal, maybe pick a few random days in the year (maybe Christmas and 4th of July?) as bonuses. If you're a once a month couple, maybe try every other week. If you're a once a week couple (I know weekends are usually the convienent time), try a mid-week surprise. I think that we'd all be surprised at how much this can help our marriage if we give it a chance. There are needs and desires that we, as couples, need to be fulfilling for our spouses. I would put a high bet on your spouse being surprise, encouraged, and thankful if you'd try to amp things up a bit. I can almost promise you that you'll not be sorry. :)

Oh, and just for the record...day 4... *wink*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what, honestly, I cant believe that it is normal or average for people to do it once a month or birthdays and anniversaries. That is HORRIBLE! My guess about average people would be once a week verses 5+ a week. We go to this marriage group that was talking about sex recently and they said that every 72 hours is about right. Guys get build up and cant controll their thought as easily if you make them go beyond that. I wasn't sure about the whole "cant control" thing but so say they all that it is true.
I think 5 to 6 times a week is good. Some times it just doesn't work out with the schedule of the day so I wouldn't say 7. As often as possible is good if you like eachother and want that closeness and if you want your man to lust after you and remember you that way instead of thinking about that chick that just walked past.
Once a month! Pfff!

Devion said...

You're too funny! Actually, with this challenge, Mark and I are kind of tailoring it to meet our needs with regards to his work schedule and all. We don't want to feel pressured or anything that we HAVE TO STICK TO IT, so it's an "anytime you want it" policy...not to be vulgar, but it's just an open line to say I'm yours and I'm available at your whim. When it's mutual, that makes it okay! :) For example, I know without a doubt that you all can call me Thursday evening and there will be nothing going on...he's going to leave the house at 7:30 a.m. and not get home until probably 11 p.m. or so, only to have to leave by 7:30 the next morning. There's no way I'm going to demand that he stick to it when he's got that kind of demand on him. So, 5-6 is a good number for me! :)