Wednesday, March 5, 2008

SPOILER ALERT!!!

WARNING FOR DUSTIN AND/OR LAURA (AND ANYONE ELSE IN THE FAMILY): SPOILER ALERT ABOUT THE NEWEST BABY IN OUR FAMILY!!! IF YOU HAVEN'T TALKED TO DERIN AND DON'T WANT TO RUIN IT, QUIT READING NOW!

So, here's my exciting news. My brother, Derin, and his wife, Amanda, had their sonogram today. As you'll remember, she's exactly 6 weeks behind me. WELL, they're having a girl! We're so, so excited for them. Mandy desperately wanted a girl and I am so glad for her that it has become a reality. Now, we just have to get baby Jessica (no, not the one that fell in the well some years ago...the one in her belly) here safe and healthy! I am juts thrilled for her.

Is it awful and selfish that, while I am so, so excited for her, I am also a little bit sad for myself and possibly a bit jealous? I am having, as far as we can tell at this point, a healthy, active baby. I am overjoyed by that. However, I still can't let go of the feeling that I was meant to have all girls. Does that mean that I wish I was NOT having a boy? NO! I am excited to learn the world of boys. However, I just am apprehensive about it, I guess, and therefore not looking forward to feeling like a fish out of water. I feel blessed beyond words to have a healthy baby growing in my womb. It just has changed the picture that I have always had in my head of a family of all girls. Besides the fact that I am thankful for a healthy baby, I know that Mark is more than excited to get a baby boy, so I am excited because of that, too. I just sound so selfish, I know. I'm sorry. It only hits me when I hear of someone else that is having a girl...especially this close to home.

We'll be praying for you that you come healthy and safe, Baby Jessica! Can't wait to meet you!!!

No comments: