Monday, April 28, 2008

48 Days AND Stimulus Checks

WHOA! I looked up at my pregnancy ticker and is says "only 48 days to go..." WHOA! That is soooo not long in the big scheme of things and sounds much closer than 6 weeks and 5 days. Whoa. This baby is coming...SOON! :) :) :)

My dad emailed the following to me and I thought that it was pretty funny, so I'm posting it. Feel free to steal it and share it if you'd like.

How to use Your IRS Rebate Check
As you may have heard, each of us will be getting a tax rebate check to stimulate the economy.
If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China.
If we spend it on gasoline it will go to the Arabs.
If we purchase a computer it will go to India.
If we purchase fruits and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala.
If we purchase a good car it will go to Japan.
If we purchase useless stuff it will go to Taiwan
None of this will help the American economy.
We need to keep that money here in America.
***
The only way to keep that money here at home is to spend it at yard sales, since those are the only businesses still in the US!
***
Or if you don't do yard sales you can send it to me & I will keep it in America for you.
***
***
I just thought that was cute...especially in light of the fact that many of you are garage sale/craigslist junkies.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Well hello, I received that email a couple of weeks ago and thought it was hilarious too! Funny thing is we will be paying bills and making a Craigslist purchase or two with ours, lol. Just doing our part I guess :)

Thanks for the invite to group, but we'll probably pass for awhile. That's our family time now and we'd prefer a "hardcore" study, which we don't feel personally was ever getting accomplished. We've actually considered going up north during the week, but I teach a lot of Tuesday nights so that probably won't happen much either.

I was hoping we could get together this week, but my grandma is here through Wednesday now (a surprise) and I'll be hanging out at home it seems. Maybe next week we can plan a playdate for the girls. Who's kidding, it's really for us, right?