Tuesday, April 8, 2008

God is Good!

Well, post 150 seems like an appropriate milestone to mark the reassurance that all is well with Conrey and Momma. "FREE, FREE, I'M FREE AT LAST! THANK GOD ALMIGHTY, I'M FREE AT LAST!" I mean no disrespect to the REAL meaning of this song...it's just sooo liberating to be off of bed rest!!!

I am now off bed rest, though instructed to "take it easy" until the end. I don't have any restrictions other than the usual third trimester precautions of rest, drink water, don't lift anything too heavy, etc. You know...the normal. I like being normal right now! :) Dr. MacFarlane said that if Conrey were to "drop out" next week, it really wouldn't be that big of a deal. He said that he'd need extra TLC, but he'd be okay. He's not expecting that to happen...he's just saying that it's really less of a concern as each day passes. Conrey did drop some yesterday. That was both nice for breathing and rough on the 'ol ligaments that support the bottom of my belly. It's definitely getting pressure-y. :) It wasn't a huge drop...just enough for Mark and I to notice. The first thing that tipped me off was that my *LOOK AWAY BOYS* boobs don't rest on my belly anymore. HA! There is basically 9-1/2 weeks to tick off on the calendar until my due date, but I'm really not expecting to go that long. I'm hoping for more like 7-1/2 to 8. We'll see. For now, I'm just trying to be patient and remember that God's timing is perfect.

I remembered another Cassie story that I just had to share. I hope that it's not one of those "guess you had to be there" stories, because I found it very funny. Mark, Cassie, and I all laughed really hard throughout the event. Cassie was singing her ABC's to us over and over and over in the car. After about the 5th repeat, Mark started adding in random letters while she was singing. She started laughing. Finally, she said, "SHHH!!!" She started over at A, but he kept it up. Finally, she said, "SHHH, QUIET, DADDY! SHHHHH!!! DADDY, QUIET!" Every time he would add in letters, she'd stop...laughing, and repeat a variation of those lines and then start back at A. It was the first time that she's shown this personality and I thought it was quite humorous.

Weckle-Beckle...I don't have long distance on my home phone, so I can't call you from it. However, my cell is working now and is the same number as before. Feel free to give me a buzz or I'll try to call you sometime. It's always easier for people to call me because I have no outside work/obligations really, so I'm always available! :) I never know when other people are working and such.

Well, that's my update for tonight. I hope that you are each having a good week. I'll catch 'ya later!!!

7 comments:

Rebekah said...

I hope you remember more stories, because I love reading them! I love the ABC song story, I can almost see it happening if I think about it enough, precious :) It sounds like something my husband would do. Boys are like that!

Glad to know that you're off bed rest, doing good, and can now just play it safe!

Okay...I gave myself a one minute time limit to leave a comment. I'm sorry; my time's up :(

Holly said...

Yay Devon! I checked your blog last night right before I went to bed and there wasn't a post, so I started to get worried that something had gone wrong. I am so glad to read first thing this morning that all is well. YAY!!

Rebekah said...

I'm not supposed to be on reading blogs...but alas, here I am :) I want more stories!!

I spent most of the day going through boxes...box after box, tote after tote, looking for my software CDs, and still no sign of them. So until I find them, I'm tempted late at night to surf blogs!!

Seriously though, post some more stories!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're finally off bedrest! :) Good luck with the last couple weeks. Hope I get to meet him sometime. :) -- AT

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're finally off bedrest! :) Good luck with the last couple weeks. Hope I get to meet him sometime. :) -- AT

Mamacita said...

Glad to hear you are off bedrest!!! Loved the stories. Take it easy & get some rest....you will need it:) We were going to come over Sat. eve but when your dad said you were tired we decided you didn't need company. Hope you know we love you lots.

Rebekah said...

Hey, time to update missy!