Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Prayers needed!

Hi all. I have an urgent prayer request for my brother and sister-in-law, Derin and Amanda. Amanda is pregnant with their 3rd child at about 25 weeks gestation. Their 6-year-old, Lucas, was diagnosed this morning with the measles. While the measles CAN be dangerous to him, he should handle it okay with just discomfort and sickness (fever, rash, etc.). The real concern is the unborn baby. My sister-in-law and nephews were never vaccinated due to multiple reasons (some genetic/family history related and some belief related). According to the current info available, measles in pregnancy can cause still birth, miscarriage, and/or pre-term labor with very low birth weight. The semi-bright spot is that Amanda had the measles when she was about 3 years old. However, this does not mean that she is immune and is still able to re-contract them. I'm asking that you all keep them in your prayers...especially baby Jessica. If she were a few weeks further along, it would be safer, but at this early in the pregnancy, it could mean very bad things. Thank you so much in advance for your prayers. You all have been really good to lift up our family so many times and I am really appreciative! Have a great rest of your week and I'll keep you updated as I know things.

No comments: